RCCC Announcement On Brush Head Technology
Posted on Monday, November 30, 2015 at 4:01pm
The World Curling Federation (WCF) has put a moratorium in place for WCF competitions during season 2015/16, details of which can be found at Brush Head Technology
As of Friday 27th November, The Royal Caledonian Curling Club (RCCC) has adopted the WCF moratorium for RCCC competitions during season 2015-16 that lead onto WCF international competition. This will take place with immediate effect and includes the following competitions:-
• Scottish Curling Junior Championships – Qualifiers, Dewars, 04-06 December 20115
• Scottish Curling Mixed Doubles Championship, Braehead, 10-13 December 2015
• Scottish Curling Senior Men’s Championship – Qualifier, Ayr, 15-17 January 2016
• Scottish Curling Senior Men’s Championship – Qualifier, Forfar, 15-17 January 2016
• Scottish Curling Championships – Qualifiers (Men), Braehead, 21- 24 January 2016
• Scottish Curling Junior Championships – Men and Women, Aberdeen, 26-31 January 2016
• Scottish Curling Championships – Men and Women, Perth, 14-21 February 2016
• Scottish Curling Senior Championships – Men and Women, Lanarkshire, 24-28 February 2016
• Scottish Curling Mixed Championship – Aberdeen, 1-3 April 2016
Checks will take place at the above competitions to ensure brushes comply with the WCF moratorium guidelines.
For the avoidance of doubt, any RCCC competitions out-with those listed above will not be subject to the restrictions within the WCF moratorium.
The RCCC wishes to thank all competitors, coaches and umpires for their co-operation to ensure a fair and level playing field.
Any queries in relation to eligible brush heads should be made by calling RCCC Head Office on 0131 333 3003.
Photo ©WCF/Richard Gray