Marketing Assistant Vacancy
Posted on Tuesday, November 27, 2012 at 4:20pm
Marketing Assistant (Full time, 38hrs per week)
Salary: £12,000 – £15,000
Reports to: Marketing Officer
The Marketing Assistant will be responsible for delivering components of the marketing, communication and fundraising strategies of the RCCC. This will be achieved through the maintenance of day-to-day relationships with members and partners and will work with other staff to co-ordinate website content, e-newsletters, social media and other communications. It will involve preparing presentations and reports, securing grants from trusts & foundations, developing partnerships with companies, engaging with partners.
- Working on marketing activities in line with plans
- Develop promotional products/materials
- Marketing research to enhance the database and improve the offer to members
- Provide internal marketing support to other staff
- Provide support for competitions and events
- Ensure the website and social media presence are accurate and up-to-date
- Create and distribute press releases and media campaigns to national and regional press
- Develop proposals and report on progress made for existing and potential funding partners
- Web admin and technical support for club microsites
- General office administration
Skills: University degree or equivalent (preferably in Marketing or Business), you will also possess:
- A flair for creativity
- Excellent organisational skills for projects, campaigns, activities and events
- Good copy writing skills
- Ability to engage with members, customers and partners
- Proficient in MS Office applications and other information management systems
This is an active, hands-on role to support all areas of the organisation in marketing. You will work with colleagues on membership, marketing and communication projects.
You will be dynamic, resourceful and have some experience in marketing, able to provide evidence of your achievements. This position requires an innovative and creative person with enthusiasm, energy and passion for success. You’ll be able to work to tight deadlines on your own initiative. Technical expertise and experience of working with databases and CRM systems would be an advantage.
If you think you meet these criteria, are flexible and able to work some evenings and weekends, we can offer you a great opportunity.
No agencies please Closing date: 9 December 2012 Interview date: 18 December
The Royal Caledonian Curling Club is an equitable employer and welcomes application from people from all communities.