First Meeting for Membership Development Committee
Posted on Wednesday, October 19, 2016 at 8:29am
The Membership Development Committee had their first meeting at Ochil House on 4th October. The group, which represents a broad cross-section of the RCCC Membership, spent an enjoyable couple of hours discussing the future of curling in Scotland. A lively debate focused on how the group sees curling growing in the coming years and also how they can all work together closely to better understand the challenges facing curling, curlers and ice rinks across Scotland.
All committee members look forward to working together in the coming months to help support the development of curling throughout Scotland. They will be actively seeking broader views to help shape future meeting agenda’s and discussions, so please be prepared to share your thoughts and ideas if you get the opportunity.
- Influence future local and national curling development programmes that bring new players into the sport.
- Create ideas for development, designed to increase and retain members in the sport.
- Develop links with partner organisations that work with specific demographic groups.
- To enhance the curling experience for all members.
- The member development committee will work at a strategic level to develop initiatives for widening opportunities for participation.
- The committee will link to the RCCC operational plan and create new and innovative strategic developments.
Committee Members – September 2016
|Jane Booth||Head of Development||Interim prior to new Development Manager commencing in post|
|RCCC||Director from the Board|
|Helen Hally||RCCC||Director from the Board – responsible for membership|
|Gavin Barr||Gogar Park Young Curlers||Junior, Student, Athlete representative|
Coldstream and Hirsel
|Andrew Kerr||Troon Portland||ASC representative|
|Ena Stevenson||Dunfermline Ladies CC||Representing female members (also coaching)|
|Michael McCreadie||Braehead Wheelchair CC||Wheelchair/disability representative|
|David Auld||Keir Curling Club||Virtual club representative|
Top image: © WCF/Céline Stucki