Scottish Wheelchair Curling Association (SWCA)
SWCA – Aims
- To co-ordinate, develop and promote Wheelchair Curling among people with a disability in Scotland.
- To strengthen and extend the network of Wheelchair Curling Clubs throughout Scotland.
- To raise the profile of Wheelchair Curling in Scotland and beyond.
- To develop Coaches and Officials to help with the growth and development of Wheelchair Curling.
- To take a lead role in the development and promotion of opportunities for disabled people to participate in the Sport of Wheelchair Curling.
- The SWCA recognises the strategic aims of the Royal Caledonian Curling Club, the National Governing Body for the Sport of Curling in Scotland, namely:
We want Scottish Curling to be a Sport which is strong and growing in local communities around Scotland, where friendship and sportsmanship counts and that is successful on the world stage.
Full membership will be open to Wheelchair Curling Clubs which are members of the Royal Caledonian Curling Club. Individual membership will be open to any person having an interest in Wheelchair Curling and who does not have access to any full Member Club.
SWCA Committee 2015-2016
|Honorary President||Kate Caithness|
|Chairperson||Click here||Paul Webster|
|Vice Chairperson||Click here||David Wightman|
|Secretary||Click here||Mary Bell|
|Treasurer||Click here||Gordon Rainey|
|South Clubs Representative||Click here||Michael Greaves-MacIntosh|
|North Club Representative||Click here||Jacky McLaren|
|SDS Representative||Gavin Macleod|
|RCCC Representative||Fiona Kennedy|
|Competitions Convenor||Ian Archer|
|National Coach||Sheila Swan|
|Minutes Secretary (Co-opted)||Maureen Griffiths|
SWCA Committee Meeting – Minutes
|AGM March 2016|