Introduction to Umpiring
Sunday 26th November 2017, The National Curling Arena, Stirling.
Cost £20.00 to RCCC members*; £35 to Non-RCCC members.
*Please note a subsidy has been provided by the RCCC for members only.
Please click here for an application.
A one day course designed to give the skills to those wishing to achieve Level 1 and 2 certification after appropriate practical experience, but also offer an insight and greater understanding of the rules of the game for those playing/coaching in events where umpiring is very much ‘part of the game’.
- The Rules of curling and their interpretation.
- Use of equipment including radio handsets, stop watches, score sheets etc.
- Use of time clocks, stop watches, and record sheets.
- Checking of measuring equipment and correct procedures in their use.
- Hog line procedures and correct calling of violations.
- Code of dress and personal equipment.
Please note a place on the course cannot be allocated before the course application has been received. Submit your application at least 7 days in advance of the course start date as numbers are limited to 20 places so you are advised to register as soon as possible.
Any questions email Colin Melrose
RCCC Umpire Allocations
- International Umpire Allocations 2017/18
- RCCC Competitions Umpire Allocations 2017-18
- RCCC Junior Competitions Umpire Allocation 2017-18
CU – Chief Umpire
DCU – Deputy Chief Umpire
GU – Game Umpire
CT – Chief Timer