177th AGM of the Royal Caledonian Curling Club
Posted on Wednesday, May 20, 2015 at 6:00am
Notice is hereby given that the Annual General Meeting of the Royal Caledonian Curling Club will take place at Murrayfield Curling, 13a Riversdale Crescent, Edinburgh, EH12 5XN on Saturday 13 June 2015 at 2pm. Click for details of the business of the AGM, including the Agenda, Annual Accounts, and the Annual Report.
Make your vote count!
This year there are a number of items on the agenda where we need our members to express their opinion by voting, including some changes to the Rules of the Game. Click for a summary of the changes.
The items are:
1. To approve the Minutes of the AGM held on 14 June 2014
2. To approve the Annual Report and Accounts for the year to 30 April 2015
3. Resolution 1 – New rules or amendments (3a to 3h) – To approve the changes to the Rule Book
4. Resolution 2 – Rewording of existing rules for clarity – To approve the changes to the Rule Book
5. To approve the Subscriptions for 2016-2017 – to remain unchanged (£19 ordinary and honorary playing and £6 under 21 year old)
6. To approve the publication of the Annual
Please note that the following positions are uncontested so no vote is required:
• Election of Vice President – Clive Thomson (Glasgow Academicals)
• Elections of Directors (2) – Greig Henderson (Haddo House) & Robert Niven (Delvine)
Only RCCC members aged 21 or over who pay a full subscription to the RCCC (that is, Ordinary Members and Honorary Members (Playing)), are entitled to vote as defined in Article 2.2 and Bye-Law 3.1 of the Memorandum and Articles of Association and Bye Laws of the RCCC. Eligible members can vote either in person, online through our membership database, or by completing a paper voting form (available on request). All online and paper votes will be checked to ensure no duplicate votes are received.
If you share an email address only the person marked as the “primary user” will be able to vote online (one vote per email address). We therefore ask you to register another email address. Please contact the RCCC office on 0131 333 3003 for assistance.
Voting in person
Please remember that you MUST produce your 2014/15 membership card to collect your voting cards if you choose to vote in person. If you have any questions or require a replacement card please contact the RCCC office.
Voting closes at 2pm on Thursday 11 June 2015.
Apologies should be submitted to the RCCC office on 0131 3333 003 or emailed to Sara Turner.
Items for inclusion under any other competent business must be notified in writing to the Chief Executive Officer not later than 1 June 2015.
NB: This Notice has been emailed to members we hold an email address for, and posted to eligible voting members we do not hold an email address for.